Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's about time

Hello friends,


This side of blogging is new to me and quite scary to be honest. I love reading a good food blog, faith blog, fashion blog, life blog, but feel utterly overwhelmed at the thought of being the source of the words, stories, recipes, failures, and laughs. I have wanted to have a space of my own for a while now....but where do I fit into the blog world, whats my story worth telling?

To top it all off....I am not the most tech savvy human: making this an even greater challenge. Today is the Saturday before exam week, making this probably the worst time for me to actually sit down and conjure up this blog that I have been thinking about for months now. While I should be writing about Gothic British Literature (vom), I'm gonna give you guys a little picture of my hope for this blog. 

Jesus has been working on my heart in the area of adequacy. He is showing me that my story is worth telling, my joys are worth rejoicing in, and my voice is important. Before you say, what an arrogant little fill in word choice here, I don't believe that I am the best thing since sliced bread or store bought ice cream, but I believe that Jesus in me can reach others through words. Jesus in me can use my brokenness to relate to others in a beautiful way. Jesus in me can give someone a good laugh who hasn't cracked a smile in days. It's all grace anyway people. I wanna be raw honest; you know the real life kind: the honest that hurts, and tickles, and embraces.
 
I’m just a simple college student, learning all kinds of life lesson sometimes the easy way, but mostly the more challenging route. I'm going to blog about the things and people that bring joy to the depths of my being: my Jesus, my family, my smokin' hot friends, yummy food, an active lifestyle, and my precious little cat, Lulu.

All in all, I'm pumped to get comfortable in this space! God's going to do big things here, if not in you-without a doubt in me. 

For starters, here's a little bit of eye candy....

my besties: Mary Margaret and Jessie


My little Lulu

 (iPhone red eye corrector status)
                                                                                                 My boys
                                                                         Papa Bear, Casey, Trey, me, and Tucker

My sweet mama and soul sister

No comments:

Post a Comment